Who We Are : Our Supporters
Board Of Trustees
The highest decision-making body at Solidarity Foundation, it outlines guiding policies and gives directions to the functioning of the Foundation, but it is not involved in decisions to allocate grants and day-to-day activities.
- Meena Gopal: Associate Professor and Chairperson of the Advanced Centre for Women's Studies,Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai.
- Saleem Kidwai: Medieval historian, Author and earlier, a Professor of History at Ramjas College, University of Delhi.
- Rosemary Viswanath: Organisational Expert, Director of Equations and Learning Network, Managing Trustee of Group Relations India.
- Shubha Chacko: Human Rights Activist, founding trustee of Aneka, Founder of Sangama.
- Gagan Sethi: Managing Trustee of Jan Vikas.
- MJ Joseph: South India Operations Director of Praxis, Social Work Researcher and Practitioner.
- Tina Vinod: Operations Lead, Social Impact Program,ThoughtWorks.
- Vahida Nainar
Since in some ways we are moving into uncharted territory we are drawing on the experience, knowledge and support of some very wise people. They have generously agreed to hold our hands and help us steer through this new terrain. They form our advisory group. They have moral power over the Foundation. They provide practical support to Solidarity Foundation, show us possible opportunities as well as point us to new directions we could move in. The group also gives us feedback and contribute to our future plans. They are a sounding board and a serve as public advocates of Solidarity Foundation.
- Svati Shah - Assistant Professor, Gender and Sexuality Studies, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
- Ashwini Sukthankar – Lawyer, Author, Currently works at North American trade Union, UNITE HERE in International Affairs
- Devaki Jain – Feminist economist, writer, Padma Bhushan Awardee
- Mohan Mani - Trustee of Centre for Workers Management
Expert Committee on Project Vyatai
- Ritesh Rajani: Diversity Engagement Partner, Asia Pacific, IBM Human Resources
- Madhumitha Venkataraman: Diversity and Inclusion evangelist.
- Kiran Devaiah: APAC HR - Compliance and Governance, Xerox Business Services India LLP
Friends Of SF
With a lot of help from our friends! Friends of the Foundation are individuals with a commitment to the issues of sexual minorities and sex workers. They are a varied lot who have in common an interest in the issues that we work with, and in taking part in the various activities organised by the Foundation. Our friends are integral to the work we do; they offer support and contribute in various ways to our growth. A friend promotes and champions the Foundation and the interests of the communities we work with. Be a friend and you can engage with these issues in more dynamic ways.
- Veena Kulkarni- Teacher, entrepreneur at Road to Utopia
- Nishtha Sabharwal- Chief Copy Editor, Economic Times