Our small team works out of the Bangalore office, conducting assessments of our partners’ needs, managing and allocating funds, applying for grants and discussing everything under the red umbrella over tea or lunch
- Shubha Chacko: With over fifteen years of experience in engagement with issues around sexuality, Shubha has been closely linked to grassroot level groups working on these issues. Her work experience over three decades has been varied - but within the realm of development, human rights, and social justice. She has presented papers on various social issues at various international and national conferences, besides authoring books and reports. When she’s not being a Godmother to Solidarity Foundation, you will find her enjoying rock n roll, blues, folk and carnatic music or visiting old monuments.
- Nilima Dutta: Nilima is the woman to go to for all things money related at Solidarity Foundation. With her radiant smile and bright eyes, she helps us make sense of numbers and excel sheets. Nilima comes to us from Mumbai where she earlier worked with CRY.
- Parimala Aunty: Who makes sure we work through dreary mornings and slow evenings surviving on shots of tea or coffee? Parimala aunty! Who makes sure we enjoy a feast for lunch every single day? Parimala aunty! Taking complete control over the kitchen at Solidarity Foundation, Parimala aunty is a force we cannot do without, we are very sure of that!
- Prashant: Quick-paced Prashanth will mostly be found busy with some work! He is passionate about training community members and comes to us with years of experience in outreach work. Adrenaline is Prashanth’s drug; apart from travelling, trekking, camping and making friends, Prashanth also loves old Hindi songs.
- Manjunath: Always seen with a bright smile, Manju has some big dreams. Her passion lies in compassion; Manju works with our community members and hopes to empower as many lives as she can touch. This quiet person with exemplary enthusiasm is always looking for an opportunity to learn something new. Secretly, she loves to dance! Manju is full of surprises!
- Pushpa: After a long, successful career in the IT industry, Pushpa’s true calling brought her to our team. This empathetic person comes with a rainbow of knowledge. Be it creating proposals, mediating meetings or empowering fellows and community members, Pushpa brings a contagious positive energy to every task and room. She is a freelance journalist and social activist who believes in equality above all.